Editorials and Personal Columns

1. Bowie potentially getting a new parking lot
2. The issue of only seniors getting to go off campus for lunch
3. Bowie getting chrome books

One columnist that I read on a daily basis is SHY ANNE on pinterest because she posts things that help me feel more confident about my self.

       NF's new album Perception is one that hits close to home for me. It helps me, and I'm sure others, feel like they aren't alone in their battle in their mind.
       In the song "Dreams" NF talks about how on many sad days he would push his friends away and try to do it himself. The last few lines in "Dreams" are ,"Would I move back? Mm, not in a million, but I appreciate the memories we had. I know you've been callin', sorry I never call back. I know I've been distant, you know I never meant that..." 
      NF is relating to those with hard problems in life and what helps/ helped him to be okay. Some people always think they are alone in their inward battle, but that is where NF is there to help them understand they aren't. NF posts on his Facebook saying, "We all have our own prisons, sometimes I picture myself standing inside mine with the keys in my hands...This will make sense someday..." That hits close to me for me because that is a feeling I have felt before.
      Not only does his album have a strong message, but it also has an amazing flow. The album has sixteen tracks and they all flow together really well. For example, all of the tracks have the same tone: started rough and working through it. It is a faster pace but his flow is smoother than his previous albums. 
      The hard work, dedication, and emotion is felt throughout every song. To me, this indicates an amazing artist and someone who really gets the struggle of everything. 
      Something else amazing about NF's Perception album is that it is different from anything you hear on the radio. Most of the song these days are about sex and bad breakups. I mean, sure, you hear a heart touching song every once in a while, but the entire Perception album is relatable. It is about important stuff like how someone emotionally damaged someone else and how kids feel unimportant.
      He adresses real issues in this album and doesn't use cuss words to make his point. NF has shown real emotions don't have to go into a poppy hit, they just have to make someone feel something.
      NF shows his perception through his lyrics. Here he talks about how he is different from other rappers and how he is okay with being different. He talks about his personal pain and conflicts through his music and how he believes his pain has sculpted him as an artist. 
      In the end, NF's new album Perception is definitely his best album so far. From the lyrics to the instrumentals, it all flows together in perfect harmony.
      
     

Comments

  1. This is a really good opinions piece! I like the way you restated your opinion throughout the story, something you could work on is maybe giving more detail about who NF is. By that I mean give more information on his background, otherwise you did an amazing job with organizing and flowing the story. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I was reviewing your story I started listening to the new album and its pretty dang good! I now understand where your opinion is coming from so congrats! Just now I added a few of his songs to my playlist haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog